What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering, submitting forms or registering on our website you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience. This can assist us to for example to keep a copy of the products in your cart for your next visit or to serve you content that may be of greater interest to you.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, update your information, submit a form, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter or respond to a survey on our website.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, browse the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests and so we can better identify you and retrieve your account details and requirements.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To ask for ratings and reviews of our products or services.
• To follow up with you after correspondence which could include email, phone enquires or form submissions.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a server level on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use best in class malware scanning and code vulnerability scanning on our website to ensure your experience and data is as safe as possible at all times.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential as per agreed to terms and conditions. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and processed by third parties which have certified PCI compliance and are industry leading payment processors.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through 3rd party payment processors which both store and process your payment information. This data is never stored or processed on our website.
Our server is located in a secure Sydney data centre.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
• Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
• Ensure that when you are logged in that data for the session is transferred appropriately and to maintain the logged in session.
• Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
• Compile anonymised aggregated data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. This data is only accessible to Tilley Motorsport Spares and it’s contractors.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the site.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
At our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
At this point in time we don’t have Google Adsense present on our site but we may do so in the future.
Online Privacy Protection Act
We agree to the following:
Can change your personal information:
• By emailing us
• By logging in to your account
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioural tracking.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 7 business days. Individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
Australian Spam Act
The Australian Spam Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with Australian Spam Act, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way where appropriate.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests instantly via a link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at: [email protected]
and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.